Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not enough hours

I was sitting on a bench outside my room waiting for a student yesterday. He was supposed to come and take a make-up test. As I was waiting for him, I realized that I was sitting under the bluest sky I had seen in a while. The air was crisp. There was a little breeze. This was perfect weather. It almost made up for all the rainy weather we got last month. I closed my eyes and just relaxed. It was such a calming feeling. I was reminded of the words of the Psalmist who said, 'Be still and know that I am God.'

I wondered if the Psalmist had a similar experience to mine and that was what inspired him to pen those words. So often in our daily grind we jump from one activity to the next without taking time to be in tuned with God. If I had a dollar for every time someone said, 'there just aren't enough hours in the day,' I'd be a rich man. And that's just money from my wife alone. LOL

We must force ourselves, EVERYDAY, to stop, be still and know that He is God. We must align our thoughts with His. At some point in your day, take some time to meditate on God or His word. You would be amazed at how much better your day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment