Friday, November 13, 2009

Down but not out

I have been down and out with the flu for the last couple of days.  It started right after our Bible Study.  I have an ailment that has been bothering me for a while.  The doctors don't know what to do with it.  And from time to time, it will cause me to have a bad case of the chills and the flu.  I have a new doctor and so hopefully they'll be able to give me other options.  I am able to control it for the most part, but prevention can only work so far.

Whenever I get sick, it makes me feel extremely vulnerable.  I have never been as sick as I have been for the last couple of years.  For a while I thought we'd found a cure for it, but the doctors came back and told me that the cure might be worse than the disease.  So we were given the choice of going with the surgery or seeing if it will heal on its own.  Every time I get sick, I think surgery is a much better option.  But I pray to God to heal me.  I will get a second opinion soon and will go from there.

Our lives are but a mist that appears for a while and then vanishes.  My condition is not terminal or life threatening.  But it is very uncomfortable and has caused me to make some adjustments in my life.  I ask that you keep me in your prayers and all those that suffer ailments of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment