Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 24: Transformed By Truth


Had a real good fellowship at the Bible Study last night. We had two new members join us on our journey through this book. God is moving in so many ways and I just can't thank Him enough for this opportunity to share this journey with as many people as possible. Even though we're all busy getting ready for Christmas, I thank God that He is still leading people to this study.

Point to Ponder: The truth transforms me.

QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER

What has God told me in His Word that I haven't started doing yet?

Verse to remember: "If you continue in my Word, then are you my disciple indeed; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

My response:

I was teaching a unit on northern Europe the other day in class and we came upon Shakespeare. I told them that Shakespeare was the second most talked about person in history. They didn't understand. I said, there are more books written about the words Shakespeare wrote than any other human being, except for one. After multiple guesses, one of the students would always come up with the correct answer: Jesus.

And it's not even close. And the reason being is simple. The Bible is the most important book ever written. It is the Word of Life. It has literally saved millions of people. There are several ways the chapter lays out for us to become more familiar with it; read it, remember it, meditate on it and researching it. We must know it intimately because it holds the answers to all of life's questions.

I can't imagine not having a teacher's guide walking into the classroom. I would have no idea what the curriculum is, what the expectation is, what we're supposed to be teaching the kids. The same thing in going through life without a Bible getting to know the Bible. We're blindly walking through life without ever knowing the truth. And yes, the truth does set you free. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment