Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mortality

I just got back from the doctor and the good news is I don't have H1N1. The bad news is I have a bronchial virus so he has me on bed rest for the rest of the week. As I was sitting there awaiting the results of the H1N1 test, I asked myself, "What if it's positive?" Thousands of people have died from this disease.

Thankfully the results were negative, but every once in a while your own mortality stares you in the face. And the only comfort I could find at that time was that my relationship with God was solid and my families' relationship with Him is solid. We know where our final destination is. The timing is up to God, but it's up to us to get the ticket. And the best part... it's free. Just open your heart to Him and ask Him to come into your heart and to forgive your sins. He's waiting and He's anxious. These are uncertain times. Terrorists are still plotting against us, we heard in Denver and New York. Rogue nations are threatening to unleash nuclear weapons on us. The only certainty we have is that our God is a loving God and that when our time is up on Earth, He has a mansion waiting for us. Please pray for my recvery, as well as the of everyone else reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment