Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Make time

Sometimes in the busyness of life, we forget to seek God's counsel on things. In other words, we forget to spend quality, quiet time with God. I usually do this in the mornings when I first arrive at work. But this school year is the first year I have first period as my conference period or my off period. That means another teacher is in there during first period. I have lost my quiet time because they are in there setting up for class. And I notice it during the day. I'm kind of sluggish and by the end of the day I'm kind of warn out. So I changed my routine and decided to have my quiet time at night when my family goes to sleep. I've found it to be refreshing.

I've noticed that I was relying on myself more when I wasn't having my quiet time with the Lord. I was making decisions without committing them to God in prayer. I fell into the trap of thinking I knew best. It's so easy to be taken down that road. But always remember that we must trust in the Lord. Find that time during the day to set aside for God. It would be like me going through the whole day without talking to wife or daughter. I don't feel whole. That should be how it is when you don't spend quality time with God. We're all busy. But we mus MAKE time.

No comments:

Post a Comment