Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Down with the flu

I find it ironic that my last post was about pain and its purpose. About how we ought to embrace challenges and trials and find the joy in them. Well, for the last several days, I have been in a lot of pain. I don't know if it's the swine flu, but I have been out of commission since Saturday. I couldn't make it through our Family Night at church. Didn't even make it to the service on Sunday. I was in a lot of pain. Thinking back to the last topic I blogged on, I quietly smiled to myself and asked the Lord what He was trying to teach me.

I had received a long text message from someone discussing the post last week. This person had told me that in essence, we shouldn't be out there looking for pain and that it's not a good thing to find joy in it. I told him that the Bible says that in order for us to mature spiritually, we must endure trials and look at them as opportunities for growth. Well, hopefully, I did a lot of growing this weekend. I'm still not feeling 100% normal, but I wanted to share my pain with y'all. LOL Actually, I wanted to ask that you keep me in your prayers. I hear that this is supposed to be one of the nastiest flu seasons we've had in a while. So pray for God's protection and healing power over all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment