Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prayer and fasting

I've been away from the blog for too long. So many of you have emailed and asked if the blog was inactive. It isn't. I'm glad I'm free enough now in my responsiblities to be able to blog again. I promise I will try to blog daily.

My family has started a fast. We have a lot of prayer requests to put before the Lord. We fast from 4Am-4PM. I encourage you to join us. Fasting is when you refrain from eating, but you can drink. You use all the free time you have to come before the Lord in earnest prayer for whatever your heart desires. At 4PM CST, our family has alloted for everyone to pray together. We've chosen this time because it's lunchtime back home in Samoa, our homeland. So it's 4PM where I live, but if you want to participate, you can figure out what time it is where you live. If it is at all possible, stop what you ar doing and go before the Lord in earnest prayer.

God desires a relationship with us. He wants to know the intimate desires of our heart. The Bible says that we should, by prayer or request, present our requests to God. Jesus said to ask and we will receive. But often when we don't get an answer right away or don't get the answer we desire, we begin to question or doubt God. But we must remember that God has a plan and His plan is perfect. We must trust His answer to our prayers will meet our true need. He always hears our prayers. But keep in mind, though, some of the biggest blessings in life are unanswered prayers. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment