Thursday, February 18, 2010

A milestone

This week has been a milestone for our text ministry. We went over a hundred people on the list. This all stared last year as a way for me to encourage members of our youth group during Lent. We were fasting and I sent out little words of encouragement to them. We started out with seven. When you add the close to 400 friends on Facebook that see these messages daily, thats close to 500 people.

I had prayed to God to use me as a vessel to get His Word out. And that was His answer. Afte Lent, the kids from our Youth asked if I could continue to send those out. And they told friends and they asked to be added to the list. And the rest, a they say, is history. Praise Him.

Then about 6 months ago I read a story about a girl who prayed for people in her address book on her cell phone. I decided that that was the next step in this text ministry, I would start to pray for everyone on the list. So every morning as I'm sending the messages out, I pray for each person on the list. We're called to stand in the gap for others and praying for them is the best way. I encourage you to do the same. Pray for God's blessings upon the people on your phone. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment