Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finish it

My to do lists seem to get longer every day. I don't know if its the winter weather thats caused me to fall behind. It's been cold. Then it's been hot. It's rained. And then it has snowed. I come up with many excuses as to my sluggishness. One things for certain, I'm not getting as much done as I should.

As I sat in church for communion on Sunday, I was reminded that Jesus too had a to do list. Jesus had a purpose He came into this world to serve. He came to heal the sick, to restore the broken and to free the sinner. And in his last words from the cross, He uttered 'It is finished.' Those were words of victory. He shouted those words. After all the beatings He received, with his last breaths he summoned up the strengt to utter those words. He had done everything His father assigned to Him. He is the only human to have completely finished His to-do list.

Jesus died to give us an opportunity to finish our to-do lists. So we must take advantage of that precious gift. Don't put off to tomorrow what can be accomplished today. To tell someone I'm sorry. To tell someone I love you. To tell someone thank you. He died so we can forgive and let go and finish the unfinished. Don't let Him die in vain. Finish it. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment