Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Down and out

I've been battling a bad case of the flu since returning from San Diego a couple of days ago. I don't know if I brought back some swine flu or not. LOL I am only now recovering to the point that I can come online. My wife calls me the big whiner when I'm sick. She's right. But in my defense, I tend to have bad cases of the flu. I don't get sick often, but when I do, watch out.

Many of us struggle with thoughts of God in times of sickness. When the pain becomes unbearable at times, we question whether some action of ours has caused this affliction to b visited upon us. Did we do something to deserve this? Is it payback for something? It's natural, but I think unwise to have thoughts such as these. God doesn't punish/reward us like that. He is a merciful God who loves us all. Sickness and illness are a part of life, just as breathing and sleeping are. We all get sick and we all feel weak at times. I'm just thankful that I have a God to turn to in those times of need. Whose words comfort us.

No comments:

Post a Comment